Hospital

 Day 3 - Hospital Diary.


Being a pre mature born child (7 months), my surivival in my birth year 1979 was itself doubtful, more so because that time health facility in India were no where close to what it is. In addtion , i was born in my village, that point in time any medical health in villages was unthinkable off, but i did survive. I did survive to see another day and i did survive many more battles too. Now i have lived my half life, njoied what was mine and struggled what too was mine. I know after half life, life is full of struggle with age, family commitments,  ageing parents,  growing kids, settling down, loan,........ list goes on.  I got to see all this in near foreseeable future. 


Well coming to the day, well it was really good morning breakfast,  had south indian food. I love south indian food and people both. I at times see myself out of place in North India, Northies are just show off,no intellect level. Well being a Sunday, the hospital staff had to be on slow, so doc rounds were at 1200 instead of 1000.....sab kuch aarm se. So with high of breakfast, i thought why not get cracking on some books, but the problem is books, specially if not a autobiography,  makes you get slp fast. But i managed to stay awake and keep going through the motion.


After this i was thinking, how do i get good fresh fruits like oranges or apple or banana. It was almost 2 days back that they had served fruits. I just thought over, why don't i see some fruits in and around campus. Looks like god was kind and i found two orange trees. Now people talk about Bear Grylls survival techniques, but he is a non veg guy, does he ever talk about how veg guys will survive. Well,  i will tell you , veg guys should know how fruit trees looks.  Tdy it helped me, i plucked almost a dozen oranges, they really were very tasty. My fruit problem also got solved, in fact i have surplus to help my fellow patients. Lunch was same like yesterday, no change.


Food trolley comes with such good aroma but alas when we start the food,taste is not there. Tdy being actual 5th day from the day i got tested, it looks like coming Friday i should get discharged, in case all vitals are ok. Now the load of hospital is increasing also, maybe if they have new protocol,  maybe Wed also i can get discharged. Anyways whatever,  they will intimate us all. Good thing is, the hospital staff has started regular cleanship. I can smell the phenyl being used lavishly on floor.Tdy 6 officers got discharge and 9 got admitted. Tdy saw a new born baby and mother admitted in adjacent ward for covid. Maybe mother to kid transmission, hospital transmission. 



My health remians the same ie no grt fever (last measured was 98.1) , no grt drop in SPO2 (97). Did a bit of Yoga in morning in garden. Saw a group of monkeys, one guy was alpha male in the group, he was solid guy and was controlling the group. I really saw the order a group leader can get, it is no monkey business u c. 


Pray all stay safe, stay healthy. Will seee if any good story comes out on Day 4. I know tomorrow is Monday for must of you and Monday blue must be on. I think this ward, it is all the same, maybe doctors will come in time. Rest with the day coming to end, i will go through some news and hopefully slp off in time.

Comments